MY FAMILY! :)

MY FAMILY! :)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yes. Still thinking about The Time Traveler's Wife...

Every so often, a novel lands in my hands as if it fell from the sky -- a happy surprise of literary delights, a book which transports and transfixes me, an original story which creates its own world with what seems like effortless artistry.

The Time Traveler's Wife is an infection that pleasantly invades your system and refuses to let go of the imagination even after you turn the last of its 518 pages and move on to the next book on your shelf.

It's the kind of word-of-mouth book that readers cheerfully spread, like a benign virus, to anyone around them willing to lose themselves in a hopelessly romantic story, forsaking most other obligations like work, family and personal hygiene.

Yes, The Time Traveler's Wife is that good.

And, yes, I'm a self-proclaimed die-hard romantic who's been known to openly weep at the end of Jane Austen movies, but I'm here to tell you that this chunky book is designed to please everyone in the room -- swooners and cynics alike. It's a love story concealed inside a suspense novel wrapped in a thin veneer of science fiction.

Grab a copy of The Time Traveler's Wife and throw yourself headlong into their story. It's time well spent. This is a highly recommended read.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Ok so I need you to come to a party at my house this Tuesday the 2nd at 6:30 pm. I got suckered into hosting this Aloette skin care and make up party and I completely forgot about it until last night! So I am now hoping that I can save this thing and pull it off. Even if you can just come for a minute, that would be awesome!! You can also bring the kids! Tell anyone you know to come too. It really is fun stuff but I do not care if you buy anything! Just come if you can to help me out! Let me know either way! I would love to see you! Hope you can come!