MY FAMILY! :)

MY FAMILY! :)

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My New FAVORITE Book!!!

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. - 1 Corinthians 13:5-7


I absolutely loved this book and it came at such a pivotal time in my life. I’ve never been one for romance books. As a child/young adult I was into the classics. The closest I got to romance novels was “The Scarlet Letter.” As I get older, and more in love with my husband and my family, I have become a sucker for a good romance novel. The Time Traveler's Wife is unlike any romance you’ll ever read! This book leaves Edward and Bella (from the Twilight series) in the dust. After finishing this spectacular book, I’ve spent some time reflecting on love, and my own life. I feel like love shines like a sun. Sometimes visible and sometimes invisible. But it is always here. For me the most important thing in life is to live in love. The journey into love is the biggest adventure possible. It questions everything. It shakes everything. As a guide, it teaches us to meet ourselves. Love is like an inner fire - the more I surrender, the more it shows itself. Although sometimes strong resistances in me do not want to let go: fear and hate, greed and longing, self-pity and pride, comfort and routine. Love accepts my struggles - with love. It is always present: in my conflicts, my desperation, my aggression, my inattention. Love sings the song of love without a pause, and without choice. Wherever I am, wherever I go, it is already there. Love is concerned about me, but it is free of all worry. It contains all the time of our world. No matter what I do, at some point I have to meet it.

What can be stronger than love?

1 comment:

Gma said...

WOW! I could not have said it better. Want to share the book with me? Here's to tequillas at 10 in the am! Pen