MY FAMILY! :)

MY FAMILY! :)

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

65th Wedding Anniversary Dinner

My grandparents have been married for 65 years!!!

My grandma was the only woman at her wedding and my grandpa feels bad to this day that she didn't have any flowers.

My grandfather use to write little love poems to my grandma. It is so cute to hear all the old things he use to do to, as he said, "romance her." Below is one of the poems that he shared with us during their 65th wedding anniversary dinner. I thought it appropriate to begin this group of pictures of their family then and now, because they did have a full house!!


My Queen of Hearts

by: Wilson Thomas

The game of life seems stacked at times,

Like a well marked deck.

But with a full house,

And you, my queen of hearts,

It’s all worth it, by Heck!






There were 85 of us at the dinner and it was fun to have my grandma look around and say, to anyone who would listen, "I am an only child, yet look what I created!" She and my grandfather couldn't be more proud of our family. It was great to see everyone!
My grandpa gave the most moving talk. He gave honor and tribute to my grandma and family through a slide show he prepared. By the time he was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the room!
My grandparents are absolutely adorable! We took pictures of each individual family - and then a massive group picture. Below are all the individual photos, in age order.

My dad's sister, Linda, and her family.
My dad's sister, Sue, and her family.
My dad's brother, Joe, and his family.
My family!!
My dad's brother, Dick, and his family.
My dad's brother, Tony, and his family.
My dad's sister, Teresa, and her family.
My dad's brother, Steve, and his family

My sister's and I, lookin' gorgeous, of course.
We were able to take a picture of the entire family. WOW! there are 85 people in this photo! We have such a large family!
Gotta do a funny one!

No comments: