MY FAMILY! :)

MY FAMILY! :)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

6th Wedding Anniversary!!


Paul and I had our sixth wedding anniversary on June 1st. Unfortunately, Stockton was just coming out of the hospital and we did not get to celebrate it. We are, however, going to see Jerry Seinfeld on Friday to celebrate. But in thinking about my marriage on our sixth anniversary, I am eternally grateful to Paul for not only giving me such a happy life, luxurious in endless amounts of love, but for giving me my baby boy, Stockton.

Having a child bends marriage in new ways--exposing both vulnerabilities and strengths. I have enjoyed watching my husband metamorph into a father, into someone who jumps out of bed in the middle of the night to check on our son, someone who has given up plenty, someone who loves being silly with Stockton, and someone who has gracefully allowed a little boy to crowd his world.

I am enormously grateful to Paul for his patience with me over the past 2 years--for supporting me during an often wretched pregnancy, for being there during the delivery and emotionally painful aftermath of having a preemie, and for thanking me pretty much daily for being a good mom. I never lack for affection or compliments from him and I don't want to take those luxuries for granted.

I love marriage and I attribute that love to Paul and for his ability to make marriage such a dynamic organism. Our marriage has LIFE--it seems to breathe vigorously and although it fluctuates in energy, it always endures and always satisfies. I love being in a relationship that is so important and so meaningful that it allows for vulnerability, that we care and love enough to sometimes be hurt and most of the time be buoyed and steadied by our intimacy and interaction.

Thanks Paul. Thank you for giving me a life that never lacks for love and that now includes our fantastic son, Stockton.

No comments: